Are you looking for a healthy and quick drink to make? Start your day with detox water! It is a fun, delicious and healthy drink for everybody! It is made with water and a fruit, vegetable or herb or a combination of these ingredients. You can drink it before taking anything in the morning and throughout the day. It is best made using organic ingredients.
Many individuals now turn to drinking healthier beverages like detox water because of the following benefits:
- Contains zero calories and don’t have artificial ingredients.
- It is delicious, refreshing, nutritional and easy to prepare!
- Improves health by boosting immunity and reducing fatigue.
- Cleanses the digestive system and hydrates the body.
- Promotes metabolism and helps with weight loss.
- Makes the skin healthy.
- Combats toxic overload!
When you drink detox water, you allow your body to flush out all the toxins. This is one way of restoring your internal vitality, for a healthier body.
How to Make Detox Water
Have you tried making your own detox water? It’s as simple as infusing the ingredients in your drinking water. You can make your detox water in a glass, in a pitcher or in an infusion or detox bottle. Here are some tips on how to make it at home.
For Citrus: Wash the citrus and peel off its skin. Slice them or make wedges, place inside a jar then add your drinking water.
Fruits and vegetables: Rinse them then choose to peel or not. Slice into cubes or strips. You can also crush some of them, like the watermelon, to make the drink pulpy. Then, put it in the pitcher, add water and let it it chill.
Herbs: Release the natural extracts by rubbing the herbs gently before infusing it in water.
Make sure you have allowed the ingredient to seep for an hour or two. It is advised to drink at least 6-8 glasses of the detox water throughout the day. It can be chilled in the fridge for up to 2 days, especially if you are making them in large batches.
Types of Detox Water
- Apple-Cinnamon – Apples help improve metabolism and aid in weight loss. It contains the Vitamin B group, Vitamin C and flavanoids, which all prevent risks for heart problems. It is also good to reduce the risks of diabetes. The cinnamon helps relieve pain in arthritis.
- Strawberry-Rosemary – This water is packed with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals! It’s best for summer, but you can also take it any time of the year. Best to improve the health of the immune system and the skin. It also has anti-inflammatory property!
- Ginger-Lemon – Ginger makes you feel full and helps prevent overeating. Lemon allows you to pee naturally and it also promotes the elimination of other waste products. When combined, both can work a good way to bust unwanted belly flab! If you are looking for ways to lose weight, this could be it!
- Grapefruit-Cucumber- Mint – Grapefruit is an ingredient that helps speed up your metabolism. Cucumber sends a message to the brain that you already feel full. Mint promotes digestion and it also helps with better elimination of your body wastes. When combined altogether into a detox water, it makes a great drink that aids in weight loss and fat burning!
- Watermelon – contains citrulline that helps in getting rid of toxins. It also reduces inflammation and muscle soreness. Watermelon is said to be the kind of fruit for hydration.
- Aloe Water – Aloe vera is a good ingredient that boosts your energy and prevent fatigue. It is good for better digestion and blood circulation. It is also excellent for your hair and skin!
Special preparation: Rinse aloe vera leaf properly. Split the leaf open and remove the gel. Take 2 Tablespoons of the aloe gel, add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice plus a cup of water. Blend altogether for one minute, then you get your healthy drink!
- Pineapple-Basil – Pineapple improves blood circulation by breaking down harmful enzymes and flushing them out of the body. Basil fights off free radicals and protects the heart with its Magnesium content. When mixed together with water, they relieve stress and keep you refreshed and relaxed.
- Blueberry-Orange – Blueberry is a powerful superfood and antioxidant. It helps in fighting off free radicals and protecting the immune system. The Orange helps flush the toxins and protects the immune system as well with its Vitamin C.
What’s your favorite detox water mix? Let us know about your preferred combinations as well!