Have you ever heard of the fruit Camu Camu? Did you know it has a lot of benefits considering its small size? Yes! Camu is known to be a great superfood! It is packed with nutrients that are good for the body! Find out some of the best Camu Camu benefits during menopause and how it can help you maintain and reach your health needs every day!
Camu Camu Berry, or simply Camu, is native to the Amazon Rainforest. It brings the scientific name Myrciaria dubia and is a kind of shrub that grows low and bears berries. These berries contain the potent therapeutic properties of the plant. Plus, this superfood belongs in the high vitamin C foods list! What are some Camu Camu benefits in menopause?
Camu Camu Benefits During Menopause
It is known to have the highest level of natural vitamin C around the world. Sources found out that the Berry has 56 times more vitamin C compared to a lemon. An ounce of Camu gives 200 times more vitamin C compared to an ounce of banana. When compared to and orange, camu has 60 times more vitamin C. That is why it deserves to be in the top sources for high vitamin C foods. With this, the berry provides an effective boost to the immune system!
Plus, this berry has antibacterial and antiviral properties. This makes the super fruit an even more amazing food item. It is said to be a good item to help prevent infections caused by E. coli and herpes.
Enhances Muscle Tone
It is said that this particular berry can be great for those who are working out. Supplementation would bring more vitamins and minerals, essential amino acids, and other nutrients to the body. All these items would help in the build up of muscles and its maintenance and protection as well.
Optimizes Eye Health
The antioxidant carotenoid found in Camu Berries can help by protecting the health of the eyes. As we age, our vision tends to lose its perfect capacity and eye conditions such as macular degeneration and cataracts can develop. However, these can be prevented with the help of having Camu as supplement.
Helps Prevent Cancer
The enormous amount of antioxidants found in this berry are natural ingredients that help prevent cancer. In fact, when compared to synthetic antioxidants, the nutrients found in Camu are far more therapeutic and can help more with healing and prevention.
Camu in Menopause
The nutrients in these Berries can also be good supplements for Menopause. They can be effective in the management of some menopausal symptoms and common problems.
- Helps with Mood Swings – Nutritionist and researcher, Dr. Gary Null, has considered the Camu berry as the second most effective and natural treatment for depression. It is said to improve your mood and relax the body.
- Good Anti-inflammatory Agent – It can help with an aching body and joint pain. May also help with headache management.
- Improves Digestion – because it is rich in fiber, this superfruit can be your go-to supplement to help you with better digestion and avoid problems such as bloating and other digestive problems.
- Provides nutrients for the skin – the abundance of vitamin C in this superfood promotes optimal collagen production in the body. As a result, the skin is kept healthy and rejuvenated. Also, the carotenoids in Camu protects the skin from the UV rays of the sun.
Possible Side Effects
Low to mild doses of Camu powder is between a quarter (1/4) of a teaspoon to one (1) teaspoon. If you need it in high therapeutic doses you can take two (2) teaspoons to one (1) Tablespoon of Camu powder in a day. These are only recommended values, but the exact amount of Camu supplementation would depend on your individual needs. If taken in very high doses by individuals who do not have special health concerns, it may cause diarrhea or loose stools.
It’s undeniable that Camu Berries are beneficial. However, supplementation of this powerful superfood may need to be monitored, especially for individuals under chemotherapy. It may interact with the medications used for the treatment. In this case, it is best to talk to your doctor before taking supplements with your treatment or maintenance medications.
Buying Camu Products
Because fresh Camu berries aren’t usually available in local supermarkets in the US, you can take them in supplement forms. It includes whole fruit powder, freeze-dried powder, frozen berry pulp, juices and capsules.
Make sure that you get pure organic preparations for optimal effect.
Here’s a video by Navitas Naturals talking about the magnificent benefits of Camu powder! Also, get some tips on preparing your own dishes and gear it up with Camu powder. Learn the secrets of Camu and its easy preparation today! Check this out (6.07 mins)
- 10 Ways to Achieve a Youthful Glow in Midlife
- 8 B-Vitamins and Their Surprising Benefits for Midlife Health
- 7 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Miss Vitamin A in Menopause
- VITAMIN C: The UNBEATABLE Immune Booster for Midlife Health
- 5 Weighted Blanket Benefits and Why You Should Get One
- 7 Benefits of Chocolate and Guilt-Free Recipes to Try!