Are you a tea lover? We’ve got good news for you! Teas are excellent choices if you want to have a healthy drink any time of the day. But, not all teas are made equal, because there are type of healthy teas that stand out and one of them is the Matcha Tea.
Matcha Tea or Maccha is a ceremonial tea primarily consumed in Japan, mostly by the highest dignitaries during special events and Buddhist monks during their meditation. It is made from young tea leaves, packed with chlorophyll, dried and finely ground. This tea is known to have powerful healing benefits that are not present in other teas. Read further to learn more about it and the healthy Matcha Tea benefits.
Matcha Tea Benefits
Several reports about Matcha tea have mentioned that it is ten times better than regular green tea. In fact, it has been the content of several news articles, including one from a Health and Nutrition News Post. To give you an idea of how good this is, here are some of the best health benefits of Matcha tea.
- Gives more energy than coffee. Matcha contains theophylline, a healthy form of caffeine that is different from the caffeine found in regular food items in the market, especially in ordinary coffees. This is the reason why Matcha Tea can keep your energy levels up without the added risk of adverse effects.
- Burns fat effectively. It is rich in fiber that helps boost metabolism. As a result, calories get burned better. If you are looking for a natural way to lose weight, aside from exercise, add Matcha Tea to your diet.
- Improves concentration. Matcha Tea contains the amino acid l-theanine that helps the body relax and clears the mind. Although it is said to calm the mind, it does not bring it to a drowsy state, allowing for better concentration.
- Boosts immunity. Matcha Tea is capable of protecting you from possible infections. It has antibacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal properties that fight against antigens or infection-causing organisms.
- Brings your youth back! It is said to be the perfect elixir that helps preserve your youth! The healthy amount of antioxidants present in Matcha keeps the skin healthy and young. They are said to keep the cells from aging, making the tea to be a good beverage for longevity.
- Fights cancer! Matcha is an excellent source of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, fiber and chlorophyll. Packed with these nutrients makes it a powerful superfood! Its rich antioxidant content detoxifies the body, gets rid of free radicals, and helps prevent cancer.
All these are only a few of the many miracles that this superfood brings to your health. To learn more about Matcha Tea and its benefits, you can read a good book about it. Flip the pages of the book The Matcha Miracle: Boost Energy, Focus and Health with Green Tea Powder by Mariza Snyder, Lauren Clum and Anna Zulaica, for more in-depth and exciting information about this super tea!
How to Prepare Matcha Tea
The preparation for the Matcha tea is not like the usual Tea steeping process. With the Matcha Tea, you have to whisk your Matcha and water mixture to produce frothy bubbles on top. Here’s a video you can watch on how to make your Matcha Tea. (5.20 minutes)
It’s easy to make your Matcha tea. All you need is a good Matcha and a little help from the Matcha whisk!
There are so many things you can do with Matcha tea! You don’t have to feel guilty about eating anymore! Check out these healthy recipes using Matcha Tea as an ingredient.
- Home-Made Iced Matcha Tea Latte – If you prefer a cold Matcha drink, this recipe would be the best to have! You only need Matcha powder and milk. You can use coconut, almond or any milk you like. Easy to do, and you can enjoy it in just a few minutes!
- Matcha Muffins – This muffin recipe is filled with protein, antioxidants and fiber! It’s great to reward yourself with these healthy muffins after your workout in the morning! It will help you kick-start your day before going to work or doing your daily grind.
- Dark Chocolate Matcha Date Bars – This easy recipe can yield 8-10 healthy energy bars! Great for vegans and those who follow the paleo diet! You can throw in into your lunch box, enjoy it as a healthy afternoon snack or have it as a dessert after dinner!
How much Matcha Tea can I have?
Matcha tea is a potent beverage, as it is known to be stronger than green tea. However, the consumption of this tea varies greatly between each individual’s needs. Depending on your health needs, you can take a cup or as many as 5 cups every day! You can drink it any time of the day as you prefer, but remember that this tea may keep you awake. So if you have sleeping difficulties, you may want to avoid drinking it in the evening.
Usually, the tea is taken in the mornings to kick start the day. You can also have it during the afternoon to fight off drowsiness. It is important to remember that Matcha may contain natural compounds that could cause allergies to some individuals. If you have hypersensitivity concerns, it is best to be cautious when drinking the tea. So far, there are no known severe side effects of this tea. It can be consumed as you please, like regular tea.
Were you surprised by the amazing health benefits of matcha tea? Why don’t you try it and see if it works wonders for you?
We would love to hear your thoughts, so feel free to add your comments below. Share this article if you want to let other people know of the benefits that matcha tea provides.
- 10 Ways to Achieve a Youthful Glow in Midlife
- 8 B-Vitamins and Their Surprising Benefits for Midlife Health
- 7 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Miss Vitamin A in Menopause
- VITAMIN C: The UNBEATABLE Immune Booster for Midlife Health
- 5 Weighted Blanket Benefits and Why You Should Get One
- 7 Benefits of Chocolate and Guilt-Free Recipes to Try!