Do you spend hours in front of the computer or can’t take your phone away from your hands? It is time to let go of all the technical stuff you have around you. But wait… you have to read this first, of course. You got to try Earthing or grounding! This is a method used by a lot of athletes to help them re-energize and recover from injuries. Even world-renowned doctors like Dr. Mercola and Dr. Oz enjoy the benefits of Earthing too!
Now you think this is another discovery?
Well, not really. Humans from a long time ago have already practiced earthing or grounding. Sounds unbelievable, but it’s true. Back in the days when there were no slippers and shoes yet, people were earthing daily. They just walked on the ground barefoot, and boom, they’re already grounded. And that’s not the only surprising fact because we can do grounding in this modern world too!
You gotta know that this is not another hocus pocus or marketing trick. If you want to relieve stress and sleep better, you have to do this easy yet healthy way! What is it? How do you do it and how is it beneficial? Let’s find out more below.
What is Earthing?
Earthing, also known as grounding or “Vitamin G” as Dr. Axe would call it, is a method of reconnecting with nature. When we go barefoot on the soil, grass, concrete or the beach, we absorb the Earth’s natural electrons through the soles of our feet, and it helps us feel better! As long as you are in direct contact with the earth, you are already practicing the art of Earthing or Grounding.
Is there evidence to this? Well, there are several studies on earthing and grounding. The good news is that most of them have come to a similar conclusion: earthing or grounding is indeed beneficial to our health!
In fact, the National Institutes of Health have found during their research that earthing is indeed good for the health. This is one of the conclusions of the study: “The research done to date supports the concept that grounding or earthing the human body may be an essential element in the health equation along with sunshine, clean air and water, nutritious food, and physical activity.”
How does it work?
Earthing allows us to naturally absorb electrons, which carry negative charges. It balances the excess positive charges that we feed our bodies with every day. We spend so much time in front of the computer, holding our mobile phones and using all the electric appliances we have, and we do this daily. And these things feed us with more positive charges. As a result, it could disrupt our body’s normal function, especially when it comes to the production of our hormones.
It seems like our cellphones, WiFi, TVs and even cordless telephones are not so friendly. So, we have to balance the positive charges by giving negative charges through grounding or earthing.
Benefits of Earthing or Grounding
Many people practice grounding and earthing because of the benefits that we get from the electrons themselves. These electrons are natural antioxidants, which means that they help fight free radicals in the body. They fight off toxins that our bodies do not need. As a result, we feel energized, refreshed, rejuvenated and we get to sleep! The list doesn’t end there, because there’s more! Here are some things that you will get from grounding:
- Reduce inflammation, relieve chronic pain, muscle tension and headache
- You will feel less stressed and more relaxed because it reduces cortisol levels.
- If you are hypertensive, grounding will regulate your blood pressure.
- You get better sleep, AND you will snore less too!
- Recovery from injury is faster with earthing.
- Improves the adrenal health, so it means that it can help manage adrenal fatigue in menopause.
Earthing is an overall detoxifying action. It detoxifies us not only from the toxic wastes but also from different forms of stress. As a result, it makes us feel a lot better! Our mind, body and soul are freed from the negative vibes, toxins and stress. If you wish to feel relaxed and energized, earthing is a good way to treat your stress out!
But, you know what the best thing about this practice is? You can do it for free, anywhere and anytime! Also, you get to spend more time outside and away from your gadgets, work, and even stress. It encourages you to go outside more often and relax.
But, is the effect the same for everybody? Well, we cannot say that it applies at the same level for everybody. Some individuals may experience instant positive effects. But, some others will experience gradual and subtle changes. It could depend on the current health condition of the person as well. However, you can trust that it will bring more good effects than bad.
Earthing or Grounding Techniques
The goal of grounding or earthing is to reconnect with the Earth. We have lost our touch with the Earth’s natural electrical force when we have started wearing shoes and slippers, riding on vehicles, and more. But we can regain our connection with Mother Nature. And there’s only one thing to remember – KEEP IN TOUCH.
The Most Natural Ways
When we say keep in touch with Mother Nature, we mean to find a way to let your skin touch and connect with the Earth. Here are some things you can do:
- Walk on the beach barefoot while you breathe fresh air at the same time
- Take your shoes off and step on the natural grass in your backyard
- As you take care of your garden, go barefoot and enjoy it!
- Stay close to the ground as much as possible. This means that if you love staying high up in tall buildings, maybe you should move a little further down, near the ground floor.
Going to the beach is one of the best ways to go Earthing because you can connect to the Earth through an actual ground (sand) and the water. Plus, the seawater is rich in magnesium, which helps release stress!
We understand that you could be busy on most days, so going to the beach is not a favorable option at the moment. However, there are tools you can use to experience grounding indoors, too!
- Use grounding mats. The mats help reduce your exposure to EMFs or the electromagnetic frequencies coming from the devices you use every day. As you go on doing the chores at home, you can stand on the mat or relax your feet on them. You can use it while you wash the dishes, do the laundry, or watch TV. You can even bring one under your work table so you can place your feet freely on it.
- Move freely with earthing bands. When you can’t go outdoors but still need to move around a lot inside the house, you can wear bands on the wrist or arms.
- Sleep on an earthing bed. This is an electrically charged bed that needs to be connected to a port. So, you can sleep while you are still grounded to the Earth. If you don’t want to have an earthing bed entirely, there are also half sheets that you can place on your bed.
According to Dr. Axe, there is no such thing as “Too Much” when it comes to grounding. He suggests that at least 30 minutes of Earthing daily is already good!
Living in contact with the Earth’s natural surface charge – being grounded – naturally discharges and prevents chronic inflammation in the body.
This book tells you more about Earthing, how to do it, and why we should do it!
Grab your own copy of the book now and learn how to feel better through Earthing!
If you want to have some really good night’s sleep and feel great all through the day, Earthing is a great tool for it!
Have you tried earthing or grounding? What positive effects have you experienced? We would love to see your comments and stories below!
- Chevalier, Gaetan “Grounding the Human Body Improves Facial Blood Flow Regulation: Results of a Randomized, Placebo Controlled Pilot Study“
- Ghaly, Maurice MD and Teplitz, Dale MA”The Biologic Effects of Grounding the Human Body During Sleep as Measured by Cortisol Levels and Subjective Reporting of Sleep, Pain, and Stress“
- Mercola, Jospeh MD “The Ultimate Antioxidant: Fight Premature Aging for Free“
- Reading Food Labels — The Easiest Way to Lose Weight
- 4 Myths About Calcium You Probably Still Believe
- A Dose of Sunshine: Best Sources for Your Vitamin D Needs
- How Self-Healing Positively Affects Menopause
- Top Natural Lubricants to Ease Vaginal Dryness
- Superfood for a Healthier Body and Healthier Life