What a wonderful and inspiring quote that we can all live by! Going through menopause is a challenge, but it doesn’t have to be difficult. If you feed your mind with positive thoughts, it can be a fun and exciting time. Hard to believe, right? But it is possible! Nurture a positive mindset in menopause and have the best menopause experience ever!
Positive Mindset = Positive Menopause Experience
The mind and body are one. What you think will manifest through your body. If you fill your mind with positivity, believe it or not, it sparks extraordinary results and outcomes!
A positive mindset in menopause may not change “everything”, but by doing this simple change for yourself, you are able to help your body:
- Produce happy hormones such as your serotonin, dopamine and endorphins.
- Prevent stress and its effects on the body
- Boost metabolism, giving you enough energy to keep going and have fun!
- Improve blood flow, nourishing your tissues and organs.
- Regulate and balance your hormone production.
- Ease menopause discomforts and feel all better!
- The best perk about having a positive mindset in menopause? It’s low maintenance!
How to Nurture a Positive Mindset in Menopause
Being positive starts with your views and thoughts in life. Change happens every day, but you have the power to create your own choices. So, are you ready to start and have a positive mindset in menopause? Here are simple, but effective tips on how to fill your life with positivity!
Positive self-talk is the inner voice in your head that encourages you during stressful or challenging situations. Bring that optimistic inner voice out and don’t be afraid to speak to yourself loudly! This will help you believe more in what you think and make self-promises harder to break.
To think positive, accept that:
- Good things are permanent and negative situations are temporary.
- Mistakes are normal because no one is perfect.
- Challenges are part of life.
- There is always a silver lining to everything.
Start your mornings with positive self-talk!
- No matter what life brings me, I choose to enjoy life and be happy!
- I am powerful and courageous. There’s nothing that will stop me from taking chances and succeeding.
- I am a winner! Challenges may come but I know I’ll overcome them.
It’s fun to be your own mood-lifter. You can make your own positive affirmations too!
To keep your spirits up no matter how discouraging a situation is, motivation is the key!
- Think simple. You don’t have to overthink and complicate matters – think easy.
- Don’t compare yourself with others. Be proud of who you are and what you can do. You are beautiful and unique!
- See the good in the bad. Challenges? Find what works to get over them!
- Believe in yourself. You have the ability and skills to make goals happen. You are capable of succeeding.
- Reward yourself. Whether it’s a big or small achievement, give yourself a pat in the back. Say positive affirmations like “I’m good”, “I’m proud of myself” or “I deserve this”.
Live life the way you want it!
Your life is your own so live it in your own terms! By having your own choices, you can live free and be more at peace with yourself. Be gentler and less critical!
Laugh and Live Your Life with Humor
Laughter brings you closer to people and makes your life so much better! While it’s important to take menopause in a serious way, a healthy dose of humor is what you need. Aside from lightening up your mood, laughter can do great wonders for your health!
Make Time for Yourself
Wake up every day and tell yourself that it’s your day! One of the best ways to transform your mind is to realize that you are worth the time.
Be with positive people!
Make a conscious effort to surround yourself with people who are positive, nourishing and uplifting! Positivity is contagious so when you’re around people who have a positive disposition, you’ll also start to feel how wonderful it is to live life with optimism.
Use the Power of Visualization
Creative visualization is the best mental technique to form a positive mindset in menopause! It can improve your life, attract success and give you peace of mind. If you want to experience the power of visualization, you may want to:
- Envision yourself achieving your goals. This will motivate you to keep moving forward.
- Set your mind to where and what your goals will become in a month or a year.
Do the EFT for Emotional Health
Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) uses simple tapping to connect the mind and body. It balances your emotions and feelings by targeting your energy meridians.
It’s so easy to do! You just have to use your hands or fingers to tap some parts of your body. You can watch Jessica Ortner as she demonstrates EFT! [4:09]
Nick Ortner wrote about a complete list of EFT benefits in his article, “Struggling to Feel Positive”. If you want to read more about it, we have a link to his article in our resources section.
How To Say Goodbye To Negativity!
- Do yoga or meditation. These simple exercises help you stay focused and calm. They bring you back to the now, the present moment – the most essential moment.
- Smile! When you smile, the world smiles back and when everything around you is happier, this lightens up your mood and makes you joyful!
- Pump up your routine! Leave no room for monotony! If you’re doing the same routine every day you might want to spice it up.
- Be a winner! Believe that you can do what you put your mind into. Accept your shortcomings, learn from the lessons and move on.
- Forgive yourself. You deserve a second chance. Learn to love yourself!
- Inhale positivity! Think of positive thoughts, create meaningful and happy conversations that are good for your soul.
Start Your Day With Positivity!
- Fill your mind with excitement as you wake up.
- Eat healthy and move.
- Stop rushing, feel and enjoy every moment.
- Set clear intentions for the day.
- Remember all the good that you experienced during the day.
- Sleep early, wake up early and you’ll never be cranky!
Get the Positive Vibe on With These Helpful Resources!
Listen to these amazing podcasts for more inspiration!
The Life Coach School with master instructor Brooke Castillo has some of the best podcasts to help you wire your brain to positivity. Listen to this episode where Brooke talks about why living in the past will not yield positive results and a simple strategy that will help you get through it!
I also love this other podcast that Brooke (a certified Brooke Castillo fan here) did which was all about negativity. As she explains in her podcast, many of us think negative before we sleep and we don’t even know it. She shares how we can stop this habit and get rid of negative thoughts.
Another motivational speaker that I like is Brendon Burchard. He’s just a ball of energy and has a lot of good stuff to help you with life. He talks about how you can reprogram your mind to positivity in this video [14:56].
Brian Tracy is also another motivational speaker who I admire. Listen to Brian Tracy’s 7 Keys to a Positive Personality and how it can change your life for the better!
Aside from podcasts and videos, there are also positive thinking books that will change your views about life. One book that I love is the Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert.
She also wrote Eat, Pray, Love which was made into a movie starring Julia Roberts. Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear inspires us to embrace our own curiosities, do what we most love and let go of our fears.
Another book that I enjoyed reading is The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment by Eckhart Tolle. This book is a guide to spiritual awakening, but it doesn’t align itself with any religion. It shows us that the way, the truth and the life is within all of us and we don’t have to look further.
The Power of Now also teaches us to live in the present and free ourselves of the past and future. In addition, it helps transform our thinking so we can experience genuine happiness in life.
Remember Nick Ortner’s article that we mentioned? As promised you can check out his tapping article and learn about the full benefits of EFT!
It’s never too late to develop a positive mindset in menopause. There are plenty of inspiring people, helpful resources and books that you can use to start working on your mindset. In the end, we are the ones who will benefit from it!
A positive mindset in menopause combined with a healthy lifestyle can change your menopause journey for the better!
Do you have a motivational speaker who you listen to or tips that you can recommend? Share it with us in the comment section below or sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter for updates.