Dry skin is one common problems that we may experience along with other symptoms of menopause. It is important for us to take care of our skin because it is our primary line of defense against toxins outside. Also, taking care of it properly will make us smell good and feel good too! A natural shea butter can help you achieve such healthy goodness for your skin!
What are the shea butter benefits?
- moisturizes the skin – keeps the skin's natural oils, preventing it from getting dry
- makes the skin feel smooth and soft
- reduces inflammation
- improves skin elasticity and prevents wrinkles
Another thing that makes shea butters beneficial is the fact that it can be used as a versatile ingredient to other natural cosmetic products including lotions, soaps, lip balms, hair conditioners, creams and more.
But, it is advisable to choose the right kind of shea butter. Not all shea butters are made equal. Some of them may do more harm than good, so check the products before you buy them. We've found some that we think are great for our skin, especially in the golden years!
- 100% Unrefined, Pure Shea Butter
- Easy to use alone; also best for DIY recipes
- Can be used in all types of skin from across all ages, including children!
- Does not clog pores
- Recommended for relief of dry skin and
- Relieves itchiness
If you love the product, then it's great news. But if you don't, you get a full refund for your purchase! This is how confident the manufacturer is with the efficiency of this unrefined shea butter. You can get your own shea butter HERE.
- packed with natural vitamins and fatty acids that help improve natural production
- All natural, no chemicals or additives
- Can be used as a base ingredient for homemade skin care products
To use, you can rub a small amount of the butter in your palm until it melts, then apply a thin amount onto your skin. You can do this day and night for good results.
Aside from using the shea butter directly, you can also mix it with other ingredients to make an excellent skin cream! Here's a video on how to make a home-made anti-aging cream with shea butter. (1.58 minutes)
To make this all-natural anti-aging cream, you will only need the following:
- 4 oz Shea butter – Filled with healthy fatty acids and concentrated vitamins
- 2 tsp Rose hip seed oil – regenerates the skin and prevents premature aging
- 2 tsp Organic Jojoba Oil– Like our skin's natural oil, making it easier to absorb, promoting skin hydration
- 1 soft gel Vitamin E oil – Works as a natural preservative and protects the skin from free radicals through its antioxidants
- 25 – 50 drops Carrot seed essential oil – Smooths out skin imperfection and improve skin regeneration
Have you used shea butter for your skin care regimen? Share your own tips below!