Like Yoga and Meditation, Pilates is a simple form of exercise that soothes both your body and mind. It might look simple but it will really tighten your body. It trains and strengthens you to the core. It works with almost all your body muscles. You'll discover that there are a lot of pilates benefits, especially during midlife too, including having a better sexual experience. And the best thing is, it's easy to do pilates at home!
Discovering The Pilates Benefits
As a form of yoga-like stretching, although simple and slow, pilates can provide a lot of benefits! In fact, reports have shown that this physical activity is one of the most beneficial types of exercise for menopause!
Many people love doing this form of exercise, because it is kinder and gentler to the mind and body. While yoga focuses on stress relief, pilates focuses on strengthening the core! Therefore, the application of the routines is from the center (your core) outward. Although yoga involves movements that soothes the mind and body, pilates on the other hand allows for more physical routines. As a result, you are training both your mind and your body equally. And, you get to enjoy the following health benefits too!
- Helps you have an open mind and become keen in achieving general life balance
- Improves blood circulation and eases muscle tension
- Strengthens pelvic floor, which makes sex better!
- It quiets the mind and soothes the nervous system!
- Improves core strength and posture
- Enhances balance and coordination
- Decreases risk for injuries
- Increases endurance of the muscles and better flexibility
- Minimizes body fat
- Better spine health, decreased back issues
One of the best pilates benefits would be the fact that it is very convenient. You don't have to equip your home with heavy and expensive exercise tools to start your workout, especially with mat pilates. You will only need your yoga mat, yourself and the natural pull of gravity, then you're all set!
Let's Do Pilates at Home!
Whether you're new to Pilates or not, you can choose to perform the slow-paced routines or the faster and more rigorous ones. You can start with simpler and slower routines and when you feel that your body has adapted to the activity, you can proceed with more complex forms of the workout. Here's a video that you can follow for the simpler Pilates exercise. (7.43 minutes)
Could you believe that Judy Farmer is a mother of 7 kids? Yes! You read that right. And, she has a lot of time for workout! She has a YouTube channel that you can check out!
Working Out with Tools
Also, some routines can be more intense if you use simple tools like the exercise balls, rings and resistance bands. Check this short video on how to use a ring and resistance band. (1.51 minutes)
Working out with a stability ball will give a little extra challenge. It's a great equipment to have at home or even at work. It helps you build your core strength, since abdominal muscles are always engaged, while you avoid falling off. Improving your core strength means improving balance, posture and stability. There are different kinds of routines you can follow on YouTube and here's one that you can start with. (15.21 minutes)
Some tools to help you do pilates at home.
Courses You May Like
It is easy to start with physical activities like pilates, but the concern lies on whether you continue to do your routines or not. Therefore, it could be good if you can follow a program that will not only help you exercise, but do your workout continuously. For an added motivation, you can join courses like the following:
The 30-Day Pilates Body Challenge
We love the 30-Day Yoga Camp for free, today, we want to share with you another FREE program for health and fitness that you can enjoy! Introducing the 30-day Pilates Body Challenge. This program is headed by no other than Robin Long herself, certified instructor and creator of The Balanced Life. With her programs, you get to experience the following:
- Work out with a certified instructor, 100% free
- Complete your routines at home and at your preferred time
- Get a free workout checklist to keep you on track
- Workout 10 minutes a day, no equipment needed!
If you want to experience the pilates benefits, all you need is to sign up with her program and you're good to go! The great news is, you can start with your day one today! Check this video below. (10.25 minutes)
When you finish the routines everyday with Robin and experience the pilates benefits, you will love how your body feels right after! Check out the program and HERE!
A class with Yoopod brings all the Yoga and pilates benefits straight in your bedroom! They have hundreds of videos that can accommodate your while you at home, at work or during travel. Their top quality workouts are headed by world-renowned teachers. Whether you are a beginner or an advanced student, you can freely enjoy their programs.
Yoopod's membership is less than a price of one studio class or a DVD. So, it makes you look good and feel good without spending too much! You can get special programs or attend weekly classes. Plus, you get to share your experiences with other people globally as well!
If you start today, you get a 14-day free trial after you sign-up! Check this out.
Tips for Doing Pilates
- Pilates is about soothing your body with every move, so you can take you time while working out.
- Make sure you are performing pilates on a flat surface. Also consider your comfort when doing the exercise.
- You can simply use your clean floor or use extra thick yoga matsfor added support and comfort.
- Invest in tools as well if you want to. There are also handy tools like the reformers or towers.
- Personalize your routines according to your preference and enjoy the activity more!
- Don't push your body too hard. Start slow and mild, until your body gets used to it. Then, increase the intensity and frequency of your routines as you go along.
- Tag a friend along for a more enjoyable workout! Or, why not invite your husband to do the exercise with you too?
In conclusion, the key to getting the desired pilates benefits is patience. That's right. The changes will not happen overnight. But, if you keep on moving around regularly, even your small efforts will offer a lot of benefits to your mind and body!
Are you doing pilates at home? Let us know your experience!