Are you worried about having saggy, dry skin and cellulite during menopause? Well, you’re not alone. Many women our age have that problem, but there’s a simple and natural solution that we can do to address that. It’s dry brushing!
What’s Dry Brushing?
With dry body brushing, you actually brush your skin while it’s dry. It is mainly done to exfoliate and rejuvenate the skin giving it that fresher and younger glow! It also helps stimulate the lymphatic system; detoxify the body and enhance blood circulation; boost the immune system and relieve stress and more!
And, have we mentioned that it can help you get slimmer figure? Yes, you read that right! It makes your skin firmer and toner as it helps break down that fat deposits under your skin. This is how it helps with reducing cellulite! And, believe it or not, some people have claimed that dry brushing skin in the morning gives them an energized kick to start the day!
Here’s the best part. You don’t have to go to a top of the line spa or some Beverly Hills skin center to get a dry brushing skin service! You can simply do it yourself at home!
Are you ready to have that glowing and healthy skin? Try Dry Brushing with these starters:
Tips for Dry Body Brushing
How is dry brushing done? Here’s a short video tutorial for dry body brushing by MIO SkinCare. Check this out. (3.18 minutes)
All you need is a dry brush with a long handle to help you reach all parts of your body. To have a good dry brushing experience, here are some tips for you!
- Make sure your skin is dry. Just brush 10 minutes a day before you shower!
- Brush in long sweeping strokes or circular motions towards the heart.
- Dry brushing should feel gentle. Avoid brushing too hard.
- Start from your ankles moving up. When that is done, bring one arm up and brush from the hand towards your armpit and do the other side. When you reach the midsection, you can scrub from your back towards your chest. Or you can brush your back and your abdominal area separately just like in the video above. Then you’re done!
You can then follow with a lukewarm bath. Pat dry your skin and moisturize with natural lotion or extra virgin coconut oil like ArtNaturals Premium Fractionated Coconut Oil and Coconut Oil for Fractionated Hair Growth and Skin – Natural Massage Oil
Don’t forget to keep your dry brush clean too! Wash it with soap and water and let it air dry to avoid mildew. Do this at least once a week or after every use, if you prefer it.
Have you tried dry brushing? How was your experience? Let us know about it below!
- 10 Ways to Achieve a Youthful Glow in Midlife
- 8 B-Vitamins and Their Surprising Benefits for Midlife Health
- 7 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Miss Vitamin A in Menopause
- VITAMIN C: The UNBEATABLE Immune Booster for Midlife Health
- 5 Weighted Blanket Benefits and Why You Should Get One
- 7 Benefits of Chocolate and Guilt-Free Recipes to Try!