Among the many amino acids in the body, Arginine is one of the most important nutrients that a woman in menopause age needs. find out how it works in the body and what nutrition it can give.
Importance: highly essential for treating hot flashes during menopause; Prevents heart problems in postmenopausal stage.
Recommended Dosage: Therapeutically safe dose is 400 to 6,000 milligrams in a day. Recommended dose for women is 4 to 6 grams or 4,000 grams to 6,000 milligrams in a day.
Food Sources: abundant in peanuts, walnuts, sesame seeds and oats. They can also be found in green peppers, quinoa and spirulina. Meat, fish and some dairy products could also be good sources.
|Food Sources||Amount||Equivalent Value of Arginine|
|Walnuts (chopped)||¼ cup||1,130 milligrams|
|Almonds (oil roasted)||¼ cup||970 milligrams|
|Almonds (raw)||¼ cup||880 milligrams|
|Peanut||¼ cup||815 milligrams|
|Other kinds of nuts||¼ cup||Less than 800 milligrams|
|Spinach||3 oz or 100 grams||3,300 milligrams|
|Lentils||3 oz or 100 grams||2,100 milligrams|
|Whole Wheat||3 oz or 100 grams||650 milligrams|
|Eggs (raw egg yolk)||3 oz or 100 grams||1,100 milligrams|
|Eggs (raw egg white)||3 oz or 100 grams||650 milligrams|
|Tuna and Salmon||3 oz or 100 grams||1,200 to 1,700 milligrams|
|Low fat Sesame Seeds||1 oz or 28 grams||4,963 milligrams|
If you are wondering about what other kinds of food contain arginine, you can check this website for more food sources: http://nutritiondata.self.com/foods-000089000000000000000.html
You can also obtain Arginine in supplement form. It can be incorporated in multivitamins but in lesser amounts. However, you can get Arginine supplements, too. Arginine supplements are taken in two to three divided doses daily. A maximum of 6,000 milligrams daily.
Good Labels and Where to Buy:
- Puritan’s Pride Free form L-Arginine – Available as over-the-counter supplement and can be bought online.
- Formor Cardio Cocktail – can be bought online
- L-Arginine by Empirical Labs – Available over the internet
Aside from Arginine, there are more essential amino acids that can make menopause easier. Some of them may even help produce your happy hormones, making you feel good and healthier as you go through the transition!
- 10 Ways to Achieve a Youthful Glow in Midlife
- 8 B-Vitamins and Their Surprising Benefits for Midlife Health
- 7 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Miss Vitamin A in Menopause
- VITAMIN C: The UNBEATABLE Immune Booster for Midlife Health
- 5 Weighted Blanket Benefits and Why You Should Get One
- 7 Benefits of Chocolate and Guilt-Free Recipes to Try!